Apply here: https://bertnash.e3applicants.com/careers/
Pay is based on experience $24.00 - $26.00 per hour, Full Time - 40 hours per week, benefits eligible.
Caring. Hope. Giving back. Do these words resonate with you? If so, please keep reading.
Our goal at the Bert Nash Center is to build a healthier community by responding to needs and working to restore lives. We accomplish this by believing in our team. Each person that works for the Bert Nash Center contributes directly to the success of our clients, organization, and community.
Our values of compassion, integrity, equity and hope reflect in everything we do.
responsibility of the Licensed Practice Nurse will be to review requests for
medication refills, consults charts and appropriate staff to triage
appointments with medical staff. The
Licensed Practical Nurse will be the delivery of medical services that enhance
the effective, efficient, and timely delivery of medical services to the
Center's clients, particularly adults in the adult outpatient department
(CSS/AOP) and enhance the availability of the psychiatry staff.
Some specific duties will include:
- Participate on Medical Services Team conducting the transmittal
of prescription orders pursuant to written protocol as authorized by a
responsible medical provider.
- Monitor clients on medications, including limited clinical
follow-up and monitoring of vital signs and labs under the supervision of
the Center's medical providers.
- Conduct educational activities, regarding medications.
- Handle patient phone calls.
- Serve as liaison with the medical community as appropriate.
- Deliver reimbursable service compliant with established
- Administer intramuscular injections of depot medications when
- Enter the names, addresses, ID number,
date of birth and telephone number of all new medical patients into ScriptSure
each day prior to the patient's appointment.
- Medical evaluation referrals are triaged,
tracked, and logged in the Excel Spreadsheet.
- Weekly check for the following week's
scheduled injections: make a list of
other pharmacies who deliver when a client is coming for the injection, check
to see if any need to make an appt and if so, do a reminder when they come in
for the injection and if they need a script will put that on ScriptSure for the
provider to approve.
- Assist schedulers to book appointments
and enter Zoom and BrightEHR information.
- Check in clients for in house appts.
- Completion of the Licensed Practical Nurse Program
- Current Kansas licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Knowledge of psychopharmacological interactions.
- Physical assessment nursing skills.
- Knowledge of psychodynamic approaches, therapeutic processes, and
mental/physical disease entities, as well as established brief psychotherapy,
group therapy, crisis intervention and psycho-educational group skills and the
strong interpersonal skills essential to developing effective relationships
with referring members of the medical community.
- Comfort as a service provider in a managed health care environment.
- Exceptional team participation skills.
- Strong organizational team skills.
- Experience related to design and delivery of managed behavioral health
- Experience with adults and/or children in an outpatient or inpatient
psychiatric setting required