Apply here: https://bertnash.e3applicants.com/careers/
Pay is based on experience. $12.87 - $18.84 per hour, Full Time - 40 hours per week, benefits eligible.
Caring. Hope. Giving back. Do these words resonate with you? If so, please keep reading.
Our goal at the Bert Nash Center is to build a healthier community by responding to needs and working to restore lives. We accomplish this by believing in our team. Each person that works for the Bert Nash Center contributes directly to the success of our clients, organization, and community.
Our values of compassion, integrity, equity and hope reflect in everything we do.
The primary responsibility of Behavioral Health Specialist position will be to provide supervision and supportive services to specified adults with recurrent mental health disorders. Consistency and flexibility is a must.
Some specific duties include:
- Maintaining a safe, stable, supportive, environment during the overnight hours for residents to reduce the need for hospitalization
- Monitoring residents during this time by performing room checks throughout the night
- Providing individualized support within the transitional living environment
- Providing services as a member of a pool of Community Support staff, to be activated on an as-needed basis for attendant and psycho social services
- Supporting residents in developing positive sleep hygiene routines
- Completing all paperwork associated with the financial, clinical, legal, or regulatory management of the case or BNC's operations in a timely and accurate manner
- Have one year of college course work in the field of human services or one year of experience in the field of human services; or other experiences with adults who have severe and persistent mental illness which can serve as a basis for understanding symptoms and treatment; a combination of at least one year of education, and/or work, and/or experience in the field of human services can substitute for a year in any one area
- Reliable transportation and valid, unrestricted driver's license
- Be 21 years or older
- Prior computer experience and basic computer fluency; willingness and ability to learn new programs; familiarity with MS SharePoint is a plus