Apply here: https://bertnash.e3applicants.com/careers/
Pay is based on experience starting at $36.00 - $39.94 per hour, 36 hours per week, non-exempt, benefits eligible. Benefits include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, KPERS Retirement, Life Insurance, EAP and generous Paid Time Off.
Caring. Hope. Giving back. Do these words resonate with you? If so, please keep reading.
Our goal at the Bert Nash Center is to build a healthier community by responding to needs and working to restore lives. We accomplish this by believing in our team. Each person that works for the Bert Nash Center contributes directly to the success of our clients, organization, and community.
Our values of compassion, integrity, equity and hope reflect in everything we do.
The primary responsibility of the Designated RN Charge Nurse is a role model and a resource for the department. The Charge is responsible for assessing the units' need to provide adequate resources for current and upcoming shifts by collaborating with the director, nursing supervisor and other departments.
Specific duties include but not limited to:
- First-line management of patient/family/visitor/staff/physician issues
- Monitoring of patient flow for timely disposition
- Delegation of patient assignments to staff
- Assist with department education needs to existing and new staff
- Foster team approach and mentoring of new staff
- Must be able to do pre-admissions
- Develop therapeutic relationships with patients and families promoting decision making based on the assessment of patient medical histories, symptoms, examinations, diagnosis, conditions and treatments.
- Administer medications and treatments based on the 5 rights.
- Communicate and collaborate concisely and continuously among clinical team, including physicians, both verbally and in documentation focusing on patients identified problems and needs.
- Comply with laws and regulations in maintaining patient information.
- Provide effective patient/family education focusing on improving their understanding of their condition and treatment plan to optimize their health outcomes.
- Performs nursing care according to the population served on the unit as referenced in the Administrative, Scope of Services Policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned in line with current basic nursing scope.
Including but not limited to:
- Bert Nash Center requires proof of Covid-19 immunization prior to starting any position. Covid-19 vaccine series must be completed or in process to be cleared for new hire orientation
- Associates in Nursing or diploma
- Current Basic life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Current Registered Nurse license to practice in Kansas
- If holding this position in the BHP Treatment & Recovery department must have two years of psychiatric nursing experience