Apply here: https://bertnash.e3applicants.com/careers/
Pay is based on experience starting at $18.30-$20.94 per hour. Full Time, 40 hours per week, exempt, benefits eligible. Benefits include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, KPERS Retirement, Life Insurance, EAP and generous Paid Time Off.
Caring. Hope. Giving back. Do these words resonate with you? If so, please keep reading.
Our goal at the Bert Nash Center is to build a healthier community by responding to needs and working to restore lives. We accomplish this by believing in our team. Each person that works for the Bert Nash Center contributes directly to the success of our clients, organization, and community.
Our values of compassion, integrity, equity and hope reflect in everything we do.
Insurance, KPERS Retirement, Life Insurance, EAP and generous Paid Time Off.
The primary responsibility of the Medical Records Specialist will be to perform and manage specific mental health and substance use medical records functions (e.g. release of information, record retention, clinical record integrity, and security) and assist the Health Information Manager in the definition of day-to-day schedules and performance of duties to maintain the integrity of the clinical records and assure department quality conformance in keeping with relevant HIPAA, 42 CFR Part 2, CARF, CCBHC, and other regulations and agency policies including data analysis and utilization.
Some specific duties include but not limited to:
- Opens and closes the office. Excellent attendance and punctuality are necessary.
- Must be able to achieve within one's first 30 days of employment a working competency in the management and use of the Center's electronic medical record (EMR) software.
- Maintains workflow processes, establishing priorities in conjunction with the Health Information Manager and ensure HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2 compliance is maintained for records releases.
- Interacts with requestors to identify medical records needed for patient care, review, billing, or release of information.
- Provides excellent customer service by being attentive and respectful; ensures understanding of customer request and follows-through as promised; and being proactive in identifying client concerns, or problems. Helps resolve customer service matters in a polite manner.
- Reviews charts for documentation deficiencies and provides follow-up with clinicians and program managers, when needed, regarding such deficiencies.
- Assists in problem resolution by identifying solutions, creating a plan to correct problems, and participating in the implementation of the plan, as agency needs indicate.
- Participates in the development of a team atmosphere and the promotion of effective and efficient programs within the HIM Team.
- Document Imaging: Scans clinical documents to the EMR (electronic medical record), in addition to providing training and support to part time scanning staff.
- Release of Information; including but not limited to accessing electronic databases and software applications necessary to complete daily tasks
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as circumstances warrant.
Including but not limited to:
- Bert Nash Center requires proof of Covid-19 immunization prior to starting any position. Covid-19 vaccine series must be completed or in process to be cleared for new hire orientation.
- High school diploma or equivalent; three years of related mental health medical records experience preferred; willing to consider equivalent educational experience.
- Ability to perform team-oriented job tasks with a conscientious awareness of detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to know, understand and apply federal and state regulations.
- Prior computer experience and basic computer fluency.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Strong organizational and collaborations skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with diverse publics.
- A commitment to interdisciplinary and community mental health center approaches.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and stand on step ladder.
- Flexibility in assigned working hours.
- An energetic and positive approach to the rapidly evolving changes and challenges of a complex workplace.