APPLY HERE: https://bertnash.e3applicants.com/careers/
Pay is based on experience starting at minimum $30.26 per hour, Part Time, 12 hours per week, overnight shift (7pm-7am). This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
Caring. Hope. Giving back. Do these words resonate with you? If so, please keep reading.
Our goal at the TRC/Bert Nash Center is to build a healthier community by responding to needs and working to restore lives. We accomplish this by believing in our team. Each person that works for the TRC/Bert Nash Center contributes directly to the success of our clients, organization, and community.
Our values of compassion, integrity, equity and hope reflect in everything we do.
The primary responsibility of the Therapist is to serve the community by working at the Treatment and Recovery Center(TRC) and those who come in experiencing a mental health emergency through comprehensive crisis and risk assessments, interventions, and coordination of care to adult, children, and adolescents. The Crisis Therapist will provide mental health services based on the application of clinical social work and/or clinical psychology theory and principles.
Some specific duties include but not limited to:
- The TRC is a 24/7 crisis and stabilization facility and therefore shifts vary. Currently looking for days, overnights, and weekends.
- Provide crisis counseling and determine, as a matter of course, whether the client would be appropriate for a clinical intake, referral, and/or community resource as an alternative to hospitalization;
- Conduct all Reform Hospital Assessments;
- Providing services related to court evaluations and testimony, and consultation and education activities;
- Complete all paperwork and data entry associated with the assessment and any other clinical work with the client in a timely and accurate manner; All information in compliance with Joint Commission and CCBHC standards of care;
- Conduct brief phone interactions to determine level of need for incoming patients;
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job;
- Comfort with the pace of crisis-related work and emergency room care;
- Completing additional responsibilities that maybe assigned as circumstances warrant;
Including but not limited to:
- TRC/Bert Nash Center requires proof of Covid-19 immunization prior to starting any position. Covid-19 vaccine series must be completed or in process to be cleared for new hire orientation.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university plus a master's degree from an accredited school of social work, psychology or nursing;
- A minimum of two years experience in a mental health out patient setting(or similar setting) providing screening, psychiatric evaluation, crisis/emergency services and diagnoses
- Licensure from the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board in Kansas;
- Reliable transportation and a valid, unrestricted driver's license
- A commitment to a community-based mental health services delivery model;
- Excellent diagnostic, crisis intervention and brief psychotherapy skills;
- Prior computer experience and basic computer fluency;
- Comfortable working with and delivering services through tele-video.