Apply here: https://bertnash.e3applicants.com/careers/
Pay is based on experience starting at $33.00 - $36.00 per hour, Full time - 40 hours per week, non-exempt, benefits eligible. Benefits include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, KPERS Retirement, Life Insurance, EAP and generous Paid Time Off.
Caring. Hope. Giving back. Do these words resonate with you? If so, please keep reading.
Our goal at the Bert Nash Center is to build a healthier community by responding to needs and working to restore lives. We accomplish this by believing in our team. Each person that works for the Bert Nash Center contributes directly to the success of our clients, organization, and community.
Our values of compassion, integrity, equity and hope reflect in everything we do. Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the Staff Nurse will be to review requests for medication refills, consults charts and appropriate staff to triage appointments with medical staff. The Staff Nurse will be the delivery of medical services that enhance the effective, efficient and timely delivery of medical services to the Center's clients, particularly adults in the adult outpatient department (CSS/AOP) and enhance the availability of the psychiatry staff.
Some specific duties will include but not limited to:
- Participate on Medical Services Team conducting the transmittal of prescription orders pursuant to written protocol as authorized by a responsible physician.
- Monitor clients on medications; including limited clinical follow-up and monitoring of vital signs and labs under the supervision of the Center's physicians.
- Conduct educational activities, regarding medications.
- Handle client phone calls.
- Serve as liaison with the medical community as appropriate.
- Deliver reimbursable service compliant with established standards.
- Administer injections of depot medications when indicated.
- Aid with clinical paperwork as appropriate.
- Call, fax or electronically enter prescription refills.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Additional responsibilities that may be assigned as circumstances warrant.
Including but not limited to:
- Bert Nash Center requires proof of Covid-19 immunization prior to starting any position. Covid-19 vaccine series must be completed or in process to be cleared for new hire orientation.
- BSN, Diploma Program or an Associates in nursing
- current Kansas licensure as a Registered Nurse
- knowledge of psychopharmacological interactions.
- physical assessment nursing skills.
- knowledge of psychodynamic approaches, therapeutic processes, and mental/physical disease entities, as well as established brief psychotherapy, group therapy, crisis intervention and psycho-educational group skills and the strong interpersonal skills essential to developing effective relationships with referring members of the medical community.
- comfort as a service provider in a managed health care environment.
- exceptional team participation skills.
- strong organizational team skills.