Apply here: https://bertnash.e3applicants.com/careers/
Pay is based on experience. $13.00 - $15.00 per hour, Full Time - 40 hours per week, benefits eligible.
Caring. Hope. Giving back. Do these words resonate with you? If so, please keep reading.
Our goal at the Bert Nash Center is to build a healthier community by responding to needs and working to restore lives. We accomplish this by believing in our team. Each person that works for the Bert Nash Center contributes directly to the success of our clients, organization, and community.
Our values of compassion, integrity, equity and hope reflect in everything we do.
responsibility of the Behavioral Health Specialist-Overnight position will be
to provide supervision and supportive services overnight in a residential and/or
crisis care environment that serves adults with recurrent mental health
disorders. Consistency is a must.
Some specific duties include:
- Maintaining a safe, stable, supportive, environment during the overnight
hours for residents to reduce the need for hospitalization;
- Monitoring residents during this time by performing room checks
throughout the night
- Providing individualized support within the transitional living
- Providing services as a member of a pool of Community Support
staff, to be activated on an as-needed basis for attendant and psychosocial
- Supporting residents in developing positive sleep hygiene routines
- Completing all paperwork associated with the financial, clinical,
legal, or regulatory management of the case or BNC's operations in a timely and
accurate manner; and
- Assisting with the evolution of an effective, efficient
preventative program of services.
- Light housekeeping duties may be assigned as needed
- Attend staff meetings on Wednesday mornings at 9am and other
required staff meetings.
- Provide crisis on-call services for housing program residents as
needed - required on-call rotation
- This position is based at the transitional housing program and
will provide overnight support for the short-term crisis intervention unit as
- This is an awake position
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as circumstances warrant.
one year of college course work in the field of human services or one year of
experience in the field of human services; or other experiences with adults who
have severe and persistent mental illness which can serve as a basis for
understanding symptoms and treatment; a combination of at least one year of
education, and/or work, and/or experience in the field of human services can
substitute for a year in any one area;
transportation and valid, unrestricted driver's license;
21 years or older;
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds