Apply here: https://bertnash.e3applicants.com/careers/
Pay is based on experience from $20-$23.68 per hour. This is a part time benefited position, 24 hours/week, non-exempt.
Caring. Hope. Giving back. Do these words resonate with you? If so, please keep reading.
Our goal at the Bert Nash Center is to build a healthier community by responding to needs and working to restore lives. We accomplish this by believing in our team. Each person that works for the Bert Nash Center contributes directly to the success of our clients, organization, and community.
Our values of compassion, integrity, equity and hope reflect in everything we do.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Assist client households to identify, assess, and understand barriers to housing and resource acquisition, including barriers due to mental health and SUD, income and criminal background, education and vocational needs, daily living skill development needs etc.
· Work with clients to develop motivation to change utilizing Motivational Interviewing skills and create a person-centered plan (treatment plan) to address barriers and set a path to obtain and maintain appropriate permanent housing.
· Work with households to implement and execute strategies for resource and benefits acquisition and obtainment and assist households with navigating the system of services and resources as needed to obtain needed services and resources. This includes referrals and facilitating formal intake into services with the CMHC for mental health and SUD treatment, primary and specialized medical care, HUD subsidies, food and nutrition benefits, income and medical insurance benefits.
· Provide outreach and crisis intervention services to clients and prospective clients to enable timely access to those services appropriate and necessary for crisis stabilization with the purpose of diverting the client from hospitalization with the goal of obtaining and maintaining community-based living.
· Develop individualized crisis plan with client and review during treatment plan review time.
· Complete CMHC/CCBHC training in Community Supportive Services (CSS) and provide CSS support and clinical documentation for client households who are also CMHC/CCBHC clients and who qualify for CSS services.
· Coordinate clients' care services with other providers, family, and community collaterals primarily with the client consulting in the process.
· Complete all paperwork associated with the financial, clinical, legal or regulatory management of the case accurately and in a timely manner.
· Participate in strategic planning, program development and performance improvement processes
C. Qualifications: The Homeless Outreach Case Manager position requires:
· Bert Nash Center requires proof of Covid-19 immunization prior to starting any position. Covid-19 vaccine series must be completed or in process to be cleared for new hire orientation.
· A BA/BS degree or four years of equivalent education and/or experience working in the human services field.
· Reliable transportation; and a valid, unrestricted driver's license and proof of current car insurance
· Prior computer experience and basic computer fluency.
· Must be able to achieve within one's first 6 months of employment a working competency in the management and use of the Center's electronic medical record (EMR) software as demonstrated by timely and accurate documentation of the clinical record.
· An ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
· Ability to exercise sound independent judgment
· Strong interpersonal skills in working with diverse publics
· Flexibility in assigned working hours
· A commitment to interdisciplinary and community mental health center approaches